Sports Leagues and Teams: The new challenges of TV and OTT distribution
More and more sports clubs and leagues are looking towards digitization of their content to reach a greater audience, better engage with fans by delivering compelling non-live content, and ultimately increase their revenue streams. Rights owners are expanding towards a broader distribution of their games beyond traditional linear broadcast, by launching their own OTT service, offering an optimised user experience and building a direct relationship with viewers.
This session will be the opportunity to fully understand the figures, datasets and overall approach deployed by Dataxis to analyse the strategies implemented by sports rights owners offering Football, Basketball or Formula 1 content.
Sports OTT and TV markets can now be understood and analysed by the use of Dataxis figures:
- Premium Sports Distribution
- Sports Channel Reach
- Sports Broadcasting Rights
Sports Leagues and Teams
- Sports Leagues and Teams revenues
- Sports OTT tracker
- Sports Social Media
Global Business Development Executive
US major sports leagues: can European fans boost the rejuvenation of their fanbase?
A few weeks ago, the new Major League Soccer (MLS) season started. Besides the sports aspect, the excitement around the beginning of a new season lies in the start of the new global exclusive media rights agreements with Apple. One of the key objectives of the deal is to drive...
WWE & UFC: The Striking Benefits Behind The $21B Merger
In early April 2023, a sports industry headline made more noise than Conor McGregor in a press conference: UFC-parent company Endeavor announced its acquisition of WWE to create a new publicly listed company. Endeavor will own 51% of it while existing WWE shareholders will control the remaining 49%. Beyond the...